Cheesy Chicken Fritters are a delightful and flavorful way to enjoy chicken breast. These tender, juicy, and cheesy patties make for an excellent appetizer, snack, or main course, and their golden brown exterior is sure to impress anyone who tries them. If you’re a fan of easy and delicious chicken recipes, then these Cheesy Chicken Fritters are perfect for you. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the steps of creating these mouthwatering fritters, as well as providing tips and variations to make the recipe your own.
Ingredients for Cheesy Chicken Fritters
To create these scrumptious fritters, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts (3 large)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (you may also use cornstarch or potato starch for a gluten-free option)
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese (1 1/3 cups shredded)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra light olive oil (or any high heat cooking oil) for sautéing
For the optional Garlic Aioli Dip, you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Preparing the Chicken Mixture
- Begin by dicing the chicken breasts into 1/3″ thick pieces. Placing the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Tip: It’s easier to slice the chicken if it’s partially frozen.
- Add the remaining batter ingredients to the mixing bowl: 2 eggs, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup flour, 1 1/3 cups shredded mozzarella, 1 1/2 Tbsp dill, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Stir the mixture until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or even overnight, for optimal flavor and juiciness.
Cooking the Cheesy Chicken Fritters
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken mixture one heaping tablespoon at a time.
- Slightly flatten the tops of the fritters using the back of your spoon, and sauté uncovered for 3-4 minutes on the first side. Then, flip the fritters and sauté for another 3 minutes on the second side, or until the exterior is golden brown and the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Repeat the process with the remaining fritters, adding more oil as needed.
- If you’re making the Garlic Aioli Dip, combine all the dip ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup and stir until smooth.
You may like: Cheeseburger Sliders
Serving Suggestions for Cheesy Chicken Fritters
These delectable fritters can be served in several ways:
- As appetizers: Place the fritters on a platter with the Garlic Aioli Dip for dipping, or serve them with toothpicks for easy grabbing.
- As a side dish: Pair the fritters with a fresh salad, rice, or your favorite veggies for a well-rounded meal.
- As a main course: Serve the fritters alongside mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, and a flavorful sauce or gravy.
- In sliders: Tuck the fritters into mini slider buns and top with lettuce, tomato, and the Garlic Aioli for delicious mini chicken sandwiches.
Variations and Tips for Cheesy Chicken Fritters
- Ground Chicken: If you prefer, you can substitute diced chicken with ground chicken for a different texture.
- Cooked Chicken: Some readers have reported success using pre-cooked chicken for this recipe. Feel free to use leftover cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken for a quick and easy meal.
- Cheese Options: You can experiment with different types of cheese to customize the flavor of your fritters. Try using cheddar, pepper jack, or even a blend of cheeses for a unique twist.
- Herbs and Spices: Customize the flavor of your fritters by adding different herbs and spices to the batter. Consider using parsley, cilantro, or even a touch of paprika or cayenne pepper for a bit of heat.
- Make-Ahead Option: If you’re short on time, you can prepare the chicken mixture in advance and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook the fritters.
- Cooking Temperature: If your fritters are browning too quickly, adjust the heat down to ensure they cook through without burning.
Storing and Reheating Cheesy Chicken Fritters
If you have leftovers, store the fritters in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply warm them on a skillet over low heat until heated through, or use a microwave for a quicker option.
In conclusion, Cheesy Chicken Fritters are a versatile and delicious dish that’s sure to become a favorite in your home. With numerous serving options and easy customization, there’s no end to the ways you can enjoy these tasty fritters. Don’t forget to utilize our tips and variations to make this recipe uniquely your own, and be sure to share your creations with friends and family. Happy cooking!